Several States have announced that their regional migration programs will remain closed at the beginning of the new financial year. This affects a variety of skilld and business visa subclasses, such as:
- Skilled Work Regional (s/c 491)
- Skilled Nominated (s/c 190)
- Business Innovation and Investor, Streams: A, B, C E (s/c 188)
- Significant Business History (s/c 132A)
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur (s/c 132B)
Reason for the continued closure is a delay by the Department of Home Affairs to allocate places for the new program year. Therefore, reopening of the programs is unlikely before October 2020, when the government announces its budget for the new financial year.
While the Department of Home Affairs continues to accept Expressions of Interest, all states have now stopped accepting new applications across a variety of visa subclasses until further notice.
If you’re affected by these new developments or if you would like to speak with a registered migration agent about your options, please contact me for a consultation.