Australia has extended their inbound and outbound travel ban until the 9th December 2020.
The list of persons who are automatically exempt from the inbound travel ban have also been updated. You are automatically exempt if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- a permanent resident of Australia
- an immediate family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident (if you are not the holder of a partner visa (100, 309, 820 or 801) you still need to apply for an exemption)
- a New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia and their immediate family members
- a diplomat accredited to Australia (holding a subclass 995 visa)
- a traveller transiting Australia for 72 hours or less
- airline crew
- maritime crew including marine pilots
- recruited under the Government approved Seasonal Worker Program or Pacific Labour Scheme
- holder of a Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa
If you belong to one of the above categories, you need to carry sufficient documentary evidence when travelling.
If you need to travel to Australia but don’t belong to one of the above categories, you can apply for an exemption, if you can meet one of the following criteria and are:
- a non-citizen travelling at the invitation of the Australian Government or a state or territory government authority for the purpose of assisting in the COVID-19 response
- providing critical or specialist medical services, including air ambulance, medical evacuations and delivering critical medical supplies
- a non-citizen with critical skills or working in a critical sector in Australia
- a non-citizen sponsored by your employer to work in Australia in an occupation on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
- a non-citizen whose entry would otherwise be in the national interest, supported by the Australian Government or a state or territory government authority
- military personnel, including those who form part of the Status of Forces Agreement, Commonwealth Armed Forces, Asia Pacific Forces and Status of Armed Forces Agreement
- a student completing year 11 and 12, with support from the relevant Australian State or Territory government health authority and education department
- travelling for compassionate and compelling reasons.
If you wish to book a consultation with an Australian Registered Migration Agent to discuss your options please follow this link.
One thought on “Update on the Australian Travel Ban”
Comments are closed.